Have you ever seen a logo and you just thought – “Man, this looks great” or you know exactly what some company does just by looking at their logo? Well, that’s exactly what a quality logo should do. Logo should present a company and its brand and because of its purpose it must be really, really good. What makes quality logo? Find out here.
When your logo isn’t creative or tailored to your company, devoid of any identity, it cheapens a brand. There are a few basic rules to be followed when designing a logo:
- In designing the logo, do not use more than three colors and two different fonts, you should make distinctive design, or to match the work you do, the letter must be clear and legible.
- Avoid copying elements of famous brands, but it is useful to look at how they do it.
- To be more attractive, designers often resort to various effects (a combination of shadows, reflections …) which can cause unreadable logo, keep in mind that the design should look just as good in color, black and white, as well as in positive and negative.
- Create several templates and show them to various people who will tell you their opinion and suggestions.
- Due to the various points of use in a variety of dimensions it is preferred that the logo is made in vector format.
Your brand identity needs to communicate a message about your company. In this infographic below, you can see the most effective techniques to design custom logo designs that work and explanation of which logo designs to avoid: