You might have a baby on the way or it might finally be time for your kids to get separate rooms, and if so, you might have started thinking about purchasing a larger place. However, if you need more rooms, there is something that will prevent you from moving to a larger house – you can get a home extension.
Now, you might be wondering – is investing in a home expansion a better idea than investing in a new house? Well, to put it simply, it is and this is exactly what we’ll discuss in this article today. Let’s take a closer look at the 7 reasons why you should choose to invest in an extension for your house:
1. It’ll Add More Rooms
Although it is quite obvious, it is still worth mentioning – one of the most common reasons why people choose to extend their houses is that it adds more rooms and space to it. It is an efficient and easy method for creating more living area, where you need it. No matter if it is a room for your kid or if you want to make your kitchen larger, it is a suitable option.
2. It’ll Increase Your Overall Property Value
You might be thinking about selling your house in a few years, and if so, you should know that adding an expansion will increase the overall value. Of course, you’ll want to do some digging in order to see what type did well in the area your house is located in, as well as what the purchasing value of your street is. This will ensure that you choose the right addition to your home, and more importantly, one that’ll make it more valuable.
3. It is Simply Cheaper Than Moving
It is a well-known fact that moving to a different place is extremely complex and stressful, but is there really a need for you and your family to go through it? Additionally, it can be quite expensive to move or to buy a new house, hence, implementing an expansion might be the best option for you.
Now, according to the experts from KPD Construction, even if you do find a perfect house, there is a big possibility that you’ll need to remodel and fix specific things, which will only increase the cost of the new property. But, making your house larger will allow you to control almost everything, without the additional costs of moving.
4. It’s Perfect For Modernizing And Remodeling
If you are looking for a chance to remodel and modernize your living space, getting an extension might be the perfect excuse. There is a wide range of things that you can add from bifold doors that will make the space open to a wide range of features such as a lantern roof that will allow more light into the area. There are so many options, all of which will increase the value of your estate, hence, think carefully about what you might want to do and add.
5. Switching Up Your Lifestyle
Besides the benefits of increasing your estate value and adding more space, adding an addition can also help you with your lifestyle. What does this mean? Well, the additional space will improve your everyday life and it will most certainly make everything easier for you and your family members.
6. Perfect For Additional Storage Space
Now, home extensions are also perfect if you need more storage space. So, if you do not have enough space for storing your bicycles or other equipment, you can solve that problem by extending your home. This will not only help you with the storage space, but it can also allow you to declutter your house.
7. An Extra Bathroom
Since you are reading this article, you are probably not living by yourself, and if so, you must know that having 1 bathroom is never enough. But, by opting for this option, you’ll easily be able to add an extra bathroom to your home, which will make everything so much easier for you and the people living with you.
Things to Consider Before Adding an Extension
Before concluding this article, there are a few things worth mentioning, especially since it will help you determine what you might need for your house. The things you’ll want to think about and consider are:
- The Backyard Space – the space you have in your backyard will drastically influence what you can get for your house. So, before you think about anything else, consider how large the extension can be. This will help you with determining where you’ll place it, which leads us to the next point…
- The Placement – another thing that you must consider is where it will be placed. For instance, if you are planning on adding a new bedroom, you do not want to connect it to the kitchen since you’ll need to pass the kitchen every time you want to get to your room. Hence, think about where you’ll place the extension depending on what you are planning on adding.
- The Features – as previously mentioned, there is a wide range of things you can add to your home, all of which will increase the functionality and looks of the extension. Hence, before simply choosing the extension you want, think about the additional things you can add to it.
- The Company – last, but not least important is the construction company you opt for. You’ll want to ensure that they are experienced, that they offer the best deals for the things you are planning on adding, and more importantly, you’ll want to check whether or not previous customers were satisfied by reading the reviews posted online.
So, there you have it – these are some of the reasons why you might want to consider investing in a home extension, rather than purchasing an entirely new place. Not only will it allow you to have more space and rooms, but, it will increase the overall value of your property and house.
Now that you are aware of all the benefits that you can reap from choosing this option, you might not want to lose any more of your time. Instead, you should determine whether or not you’ll want to extend your home and if so, you might want to start browsing for construction companies that will easily make your house larger.