Writing ads is not a difficult thing but to write good attractive ad, which also attract potential buyers is not that easy. If you are a beginner in the making visual ads that focus on the use of pictures or want to improve your display ad performance, follow a few tips how to achieve this:
- Effectively use text, images, and color schemes
- Experiment with different types of display of ad content and designs
- Use templates of ads if you have no idea
- Create your own custom image
- Generate display ads based on existing text ads
Creating the ideal display ad
Display ads offer many options, so experiment with different templates, colors, and content to get the best results. You want to have your ad highlighted! What makes a great display ad? Here are the best tips for creating effective display ads:
Provide a clear call to action, in a button or elsewhere
This is especially important for ads based on the picture, because users may not know which part of the ad is clickable. If in some cases your ad is a very similar to the site, users may not even realize that it is ad! Do not leave them guessing. Consumers want to know and what they can do if they click on your ad: “Learn more” or “Buy it now”. Clearly indicate what will happen when they click your ad.
Balanced ad content
Make sure that the ad text and images are balanced within the body of the display ad and within the overall ad. Check your ad in all available sizes and if necessary resize the image. We recommend that for best results, follow these guidelines:
- Images should be clear, resized to fit the ad shape, and easy to recognize. Images may not be cut or unrecognizable.
- All text must be easily readable and understandable. Lines of text should be complete and make sense. Nothing is stranger than the line of text that is cut off from the rest of the text!
Try out different ideas for ads
Unsure of how to create an ad? Create ads from existing ads and pictures from your website, or customize ideas for ads to match your needs.
Include prices, promotions and special offers
If you want to offer something special, make sure that users find out. Users tend to search to make a decision about something. Give them what they need to make that decision. The use of terms such as special offers, coupons, discounts, promotional codes and sales is a great way to give customers information that you offer a good opportunity.
Below you can check infographic which shows how ads make us buy: