Content marketing is crucial to any good marketing strategy, whether it is a small company or a big corporation. Writing and creating content every day sounds boring, but it does not have to be. It is true that the majority of your content must be relevant to the industry that you do, but that does not mean you can not have some fun. Content is not only piles of text. Insert photos, infographics and even video to entice your audience.
Teaching, not advertising
It’s about communicating with existing and future customers without going to offer anything by force. Boring, violent marketing which yells, BUY THIS, BUY THAT … is out. Instead of direct advertising of products or services, get to know your customers with some topic, give them suggestions on how to solve something, teach them, expand their knowledge, advise them. In short, help them understand the problem, make a decision and, finally, solve the problem.
The meaning of such means of communication is the person or company present as a reliable partner with whom is worth to do business, of who it is worth to buy. So you need to show that you understand your customers, that you want to help them, you want to establish a relationship with them, that you care about them.
It seems that the biggest problem of marketers is providing enough content, but more importantly, do they with the publication of the content achieving planned goals. To be successful, you can use the following steps.
- Pre-plan of a re-use of certain content. Whether busting a longer text into smaller, logical units, either to take care of the visualization of the information.
- Take care of the cross-links and promotion of selected content. Your strategy must be in line with the strategy of search engine optimization.
- Consistently use selected keywords.
- The content you create must be appealing. Use a variety of elements that attract attention, including the conversion points.
- Promote the content on social networks, websites, etc.
- Constantly encourage mediation of your content and comments.
- Do not forget that more of your customers read content on mobile phones.
Below you can check infographic with 12 tips for better content marketing: