Automated emails are the last trend in email marketing. Allows you to send emails (newsletters) to users at certain times when users take concrete actions / activities ie., when activated by one of the trigger. It can be one or a series of email messages that are sent one by one according to predefined workflows.
Why you should use email marketing?
- It’s effective because people want to receive it, they gave permission for it.
- Inexpensive – saving time and money (Event-triggered automated emails can save 80% of the direct mail budget).
- Consistent branding – with a series of standardized email messages you build a brand and create image.
- Engagement and retention – email is perfect for maintaining constant contact with your customers and create engagement.
- Segmentation (gender, age, location, …) – You can segment your message to smaller, more targeted groups.
- Measurable – You can keep track of almost everything on the basis of statistics to improve your future emails.
When you should use automated emails?
- When someone subscribes to your newsletters. Automatically send welcome email.
- The series of emails which can hold online seminars, sending the tips and tricks on using your products or services.
- You can send them a birthday card or some anniversary with a coupon with which they get discount.
- When customer click on any of the links or when download some materials from your Web, you can activate the “trigger” which then sends automated emails.
- Follow up email when someone make purchases at the online store or send query via the contact form on the web.
- After completing the survey.
- When someone subscribes to the blog
- When you have some inactive contacts who do not open your newsletters for longer period, you can send coupon rates to animate and engage them.
- After the event, such as a webinar, conference, seminar.
- Ecommerce – when the customer leaves the cart and don’t finish the purchase.
- You can send automated emails to customers who have made a purchase with you, or are inactive for a long time and didn’t buy anything new. It’s the opportunity for cross-sell / up sell.
- Based on the trigger that you define yourself.
An example of workflow
- Use email marketing because it is extremely effective and measurable.
- Do not buy a mailing list – build your. Purchasing base (mailing lists) is illegal and sending email messages to this email addresses is spam.
- Use A / B testing and test certain elements such as the Subject line, From name, Content, Send Time.
- Use segmentation in email marketing campaigns.
- Use automated emails because it is the latest trend in email marketing.