Kanye West: 5 Surprises We Learned About Him
It’s rare for rapper Kanye West to do a sit-down TV interview, so when he did Friday — we were fascinated.
PICTURE: Presenting Baby North
Not only did Kim Kardashian’s baby daddy smile more than we’ve ever seen him smile — he was truly likeable.
RELATED: Gloria Allred Suing Kanye West
Here are five surprises we learned during his appearance on Kris Jenner’s talk show, Kris:
- His idols are Walt Disney and Steve Jobs. Real Kardashian fans already knew about Steve Jobs, because Kim gave Kanye a mouse signed by Jobs for Father’s Day. But, Walt Disney??
- He wears a WWJD (What Would Jesus Do?) bracelet that Rob Kardashian gave him. Kanye told Kris that he is a devout Christian and wants to raise his baby, North, as a Christian. “It’s important to me that I grow and walk and raise my family with Christian values,” he said.
- He speaks Chinese. In fifth grade he lived in China for a year and learned the language.
- He thinks President Obama was complimenting him when the president said that America’s fascination with the rich and famous is shifting values, adding thing would be different if “Kids weren’t monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing, or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success.” Kanye’s response: “So Obama basically said we’re the new American dream. I think he was posing it like I was supposed to take it in a negative way, but I’m just so happy that the president mentions me so often. Thank you very much, Obama!”
- He loves the Kardashian chaos and being a family man. Kanye, who is living with Kim’s mom right now, says at first it was hard getting used to the “noise at all times.” But now she says, “When I’m out, I try to get home early just to be around my family.”