Corbin Bernsen Remembers His Mom, Jeanne Cooper

Posted on May 8th, 2013 at 11:47 am
True

genie-francis-post

Beloved Young and the Restless star Jeanne Cooper passed away Wednesday morning in a Los Angeles hospital

Her son, actor Corbin Bernsen, broke the news on his Facebook and Twitter pages, noting "Mom passed this morning. She was in peace and without fear. U all have been incredible in your love. In her name share it 2 day with others."

corbin

Cooper, who played Katherine Chancellor on the venerable soap opera for 40 years, died on her 84th birthday.  She had been in and out of hospitals since 2011 and succumbed to an undisclosed illness.

Bersen wrote on Facebook:

"My mother passed away this morning just a short time ago, peaceful with my sister by her side, in her sleep. I was going to visit  this afternoon, thought I had time. Reminder to self - time is a precious thing.  I too am at peace however. I said my goodbyes several times over during the last few weeks. ...I'll go one last time now for a gentle kiss a final farewell for this lifetime.  She has been a blaze her entire life, that beacon, that boxer I spoke of earlier.  She went the full twelve rounds and by unanimous decision ... won!"

1. So sorry for your loss Corbin Bernsen. I have always thought she was a great person and would have loved to meet her!

2. Rita Riopelle says:

Sorry for you and your family’s loss. She was a great lady!

3. Drew Neal says:

Loved Jeanne .. I grew up watching her my entire life .. she was a dynamic force, a great talent and a wonderful lesson to everyone of how to live life well

4. Donna Jacobs, Ontario, Canada says:

I have watched Jeanne on the Y&R for the last 40 years. She was a marvelous actress and I truly admired her ability to keep you glued to the TV when Katherine Chancellor presented herself. She will TRULY be missed on the Y&R…please Y&R do not recast her character…there is only one Katherine Chancellor and that was Jeanne. My sincere condolences go out to this wonderful lady’s family.

5. Donita Hardin says:

I am so sorry your loss and same to the rest of the family. She will be missed and Y&R will not be the same at all without her there. She seemed to be a wonderful woman.
      God Bless You.

6. Hattie says:

My Grandmother and I started watching the young and the Restless when it first aired. I had my daughter at an early age and while bed ridden my grandmother introduced me to Cathryn Chancellor! MR.C. From that day on I was Hooked! My Granny loved the women ,she too passed at the age of 85 over 25 years ago! Now they meet in Heaven!!! Love you Ms..C!!

7. sehvyn says:

I remember Ms Cooper on the Western shows Bonanza,Gunsmoke ( 1963) only 7 yrs old. To the Bensen family : Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day, unseen, unheard but always near , still loved, still miss and very dear to us. May You R.I.P Ms Cooper ( you are a gueen)

8. jlove says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Ms.Cooper will be missed on the Y&R. God bless your entire family.

9. Lia Rogers says:

I watched your mom on y&r my entire life she will be missed R.I.P Mrs.C

10. From Transilvania says:

RIP. Jeanne.
      My sincere condolences.

11. I am very sorry for your loss I am sure she was a wonderful woman and she was one heck of an actress she was by far my fav on Y&R! But remember if you seem to get sad that she is in a better place with the lord and she will be looking down on you but most of all she will remain in your heart forever!!!!

12. Catherine says:

To the family of Ms. Jeanne Cooper I am so sorry to hear about her passing. I have watched the Y&R since it first aired, Ms. C there will never be another. She had style and class. I can’t imagine the show without her!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this hard time. Thank you for all your hard work! you were an amazing actress. Rest in Peace and know you will be missed!