Buckwild star Shain Gandee was found dead early Monday morning in Sissonville, West Virginia and sources connected to the show originally told RumorFix they thought the MTV reality star was a victim of a gunshot wound, but now our sources say they were confused because he was bloody when he was discovered.
The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department says there was “no foul play.”
Production sources now believe that Shain and two others were drinking and crashed into the mud, then possibly were poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Reality Tea has a source who says Shain was a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning. “They were mudding and got stuck in a mud hole,” the source said. “They left the engine running, which caused the carbon monoxide poisoning.”
Gandee’s Bronco was found in the mud after his family conducted an intense 30-hour search.
An MTV spokesperson tells RumorFix that production on the show has been suspended.
The cause of death likely won’t be decided until after an autopsy.