Barbadian beauty Rihanna was forced to evacuate her London hotel room early Wednesday morning after fire alarms were set off by a faulty service elevator. Rihanna tweeted out the image above of herself relaxing inside a car right after exiting the “telly.”
A spokesmen for the hotel released this statement to RumorFix explaining exactly what went down:
“At approximately 6:30 a.m., one of the service elevator motors at Corinthia Hotel London burnt out. There was a slight discharge of smoke and because of our robust fire management policy, the alarms were activated and a full evacuation of the building was carried out.
As a matter of procedure, the fire brigade were called to carry out full safety checks throughout the building. All guests were safely accounted for and were allowed back into the hotel soon after 7 a.m.”
You have to love that language: “robust fire management policy” and “fire brigade.”
Needless to say, Rihanna was not injured during the evacuation nor were any of the other guests.