Rumors of replacing the judges on American Idol ignited after the hit show lost nearly a quarter of its audience during its 11th season.
The biggest rumor — Fox executives are in talks with superstar Katy Perry to take J.Lo’s place .
RumorFix caught up with a handful of the top ten Idol contestants, who all gave us their exclusive reaction to the buzz.
- Jessica Sanchez (2nd place): “I have no idea what’s going on with that!”
- Joshua Ledet (3rd place): “If I could replace the judges, it would be Beyonce Knowles, Jessie J, and John Mayer”
- Skylar Laine (5th place): “I haven’t heard anything about [Katy Perry replacing Jennifer Lopez], if she does that’s great, and if she doesn’t then I guess that’s just a rumor.”
- Deandre Brackensick (8th place): “That [Perry replacing Lopez] would be a change! It’d be cool. But I can’t really say because those are MY judges, through last season and this season…they’re my judges.”
- Heejun Han (9th place): “I think the judges we have right now are perfect!”
- Erica Van Pelt (10th place): “To be honest, I’d like to see some smaller celebrities as judges–people in the industry that know music and talent but don’t have name for themselves…record execs or producers”
The American Idol Live Tour begins July 6 in Detroit.