Thursday was a big day for many Americans as the Supreme Court announced that it has decided to endorse Obama’s health care overhaul, requiring that most Americans buy health insurance or pay a fine starting in 2014.
With Twitter feeds immediately turning to the topic hashtagged #ObamaCare, celebrities have taken to their social media accounts to start a conversation about the act.
- John Legend: “Supreme Court has me in a good mood right now. America getting closer to universal access to affordable health care. It’s about time.”
- Ellen DeGeneres: “The Supreme Court upheld Obamacare! I heard Judge Roberts used his save. Incredible. That’s the only one he gets for the entire season.”
- Donald Trump: “#FullRepeal: Stopping Obamacare is now up to the American people. We must elect @MittRomney this November.”
- Sarah Palin: “Obama lied to the American people. Again. He said it wasn’t a tax. Obama lies; freedom dies.”
- Alec Baldwin: “I guess this means less $ for oil subsidies… Oh, too bad.”