Mark Geragos: Chris Brown Is Like A Son to Me

Posted on February 19th, 2012 at 1:05 pm
True

When Chris Brown won his Grammys last Sunday, his critics were furious -- they're still angry over his assault on Rihanna three years ago.

But one person is fully supporting Chris: his attorney, Mark Geragos.

PICTURES: Karrueche Tran

Geragos is a high-powered criminal defense attorney and is very proud at how far Chris has come.

"I couldn't be prouder of a client than I am of Chris," Geragos says to RumorFix exclusively.  "There were people predicting that he would never rebound from it.  I consider him as a son, I really do, I adore his mother, Joyce. I think that he is a great great kid, he's turning into a man, I've watched him develop over the last three years and I could not be more proud of him.

Geragos goes on to reveal that Chris was determined to show people what he was capable of.

PREVIOUS: Chris Brown Directs First Music Video

"He said something early on that he was going to show people that that's not who he is, that was an incident in his life and that was not going to be his life's work and he's certainly made sure of that. He's one of the most immensely-talented performers of this generation. I've had the good fortune to represent some of the most famous people in the world and I expect nothing but the most spectacular things out of him in the future as well. I don't even think he's scratched the surface in what he's going to do."

Geragos also talked to us about his long and successful career, and shared his advice for up and coming attorneys.

"Don't concentrate on money, concentrate on doing what you have a passion for. All the other stuff will come later on but live it, breathe it and love it. I can't think of anything I would rather do than what I do right now. Listen to your clients. Don't get jaded. I fight against that all the time.

PREVIOUS: Chris Brown's "Disgusting Pickup Line" Slammed By Publicist

"Unfortunately there's a perception that private lawyers have an edge over the government and that couldn't be further from the truth. The government's got basically unlimited resources when it comes to prosecution. Sometimes it can feel like you're constantly like Sisyphus rolling a rock up a hill, you just have to guard against that."

He added that despite some very controversial clients (Michael Jackson, Scott Peterson) he has no regrets.

"I've learned from every case. I've learned more from my losses than my successes, no matter how many times you get knocked down I'm always going to get up one more time."

The firm of Geragos and Geragos is based in Los Angeles.

Like us on FACEBOOK & follow us on TWITTER

1. xMANII says:

aww thats so sweet 🙂

2. CherrieTB says:

The awkward moment when Chris Brown’s mother isn’t named Teresa.

• Fact says:

He never said her name was Teresa. Mr. Geragos was correct when referring to his mother as Joyce. Chris Brown’s mothers name is Joyce.

The awkward moment when CherrieTB realized she is wrong

3. Anonymous says:

I wish this young man all the best. my msg to young people you are not doomed if u make a mistake you can redeem yourself, don’t let anyone tell you different.beware of those who try to condemn u for your mistakes. I admire this young mans hard work and perseverance to get his fans back.

4. gwen0007 says:

like child molestors abusers never change. This man will abuse again and again. It is only a matter of time.

• johncarter says:

Who are you to predict his life choices it’s been 4 yrs since the incident in he’s been on the right path so when you make a mistake make sure to have ppl predict your mistake

• Janedoe says:

People change if they want to change. If they get the help that they need to never repeat an offense or addiction. You seem to have a very closed mind and look at this as the glass being half empty and not as the glass being half full. Your more of a person who is pessimistic and never want people to change and you will always judge those who make mistakes. Lesson here is people can change you can’t go and say once an abuser always an abuser, when this young man never hit a woman before or after Rihanna. Never had a criminal record before Rihanna. With that being said he did it one time and he learned from it and never wants to be that person. Its like if your a heroin addict and you been clean for 20 years would you want people to tell you your a drug abuser? When that is no longer the case? Your not GOD you do not judge someone. Chris is a good person and a very humble and caring person. Yes he made a big mistake that will follow him for life, but that doesn’t mean people have to constantly be negative and wish for failure instead of wishing for success and positivity. This is also like a cheater once a cheater always a cheater. Should everyone who makes mistakes like that be condemned from ever working or being in a relationship? Should those people die alone and not have the opportunity to be in love? I hope that one day you grow up into A REAL ADULT with a level head and raise your kids to have an open mind and love everyone regardless of their flaws. People accept those for who they are not for what they have. Teach yourself how to accomplish that and not judge others as if your perfect. People CAN CHANGE SUPPORT THOSE THAT CHOOSE TO BE A DIFFERENT PERSON.

Don’t cast a stone if you are not without sin.

We are all sinners of sin remember that.

• Magali HEINTZ says:

Rihanna said there were some other altercations before.

• Janedoe says:

yes her hitting him and him restraining her.

• Janedoe says:

Rihanna stated that she slapped Chris Brown across the face in Europe or Germany and he restrained her by putting her up against the wall. Now that is not assaulting. If you are going to consider that assault then your an imbecile.

• Haneefa Naqvi says:

I think your reply is excellent to that message i am a huge chris brown fan and after the incident i am not going to lie i was shocked but i suppose every fan would have been but my love for him will never change he deserves a second chance like anybody, i am coming from a family who has had 2 alcholics in it but we never kicked them out in the street we helped them get through it and there here today on their feet and have never looked back, i am not saying its the same thing but i am amazed at the negativity around this situation it needs to be buried now, all these people talk bad about Chris like they are so innocent am sorry but ok they might not have done this sort of thing but i feel personally we are all guilty of something no one in this life is perfect and by god neither are half these negative people.DONT judge a book by its cover thats what i say and one last thing if Chris reads this i would love to say one thing I love you with all my heart and wish you the best in life and pray to god that you have a long happy life…. follow me on twitter pleasssssssssse or reply on twitter. BTW again loved your response to the above message i really hope chris reads this to see not everyone is negative out there were here to support you.

• Janedoe says:

One more thing that I forgot to mention to you. That is you say an abuser will always be an abuser right? Well last time I check Rihanna is an abuser too. She smashed a glass bottle in her brother Rorey’s face which permanently disfigured him. On top of that she physically abused both of her brothers. On top of that she admitted to abusing Chris in her police document/statement. If your mentality is abusers never change? Then Rihanna will never change either.

• Haneefa Naqvi says:

WOW!! big difference from a child mollester to a one incident OMG he getting labelled as an abuser and wife beater people do change, am sure he has faith in god for guidance……. still can beleive your putting him in the category of child molesters oh my days its getting worse man!!!

5. William says:

IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD I GET TEARY SOMETIMES WHEN I READ MOMBREEZY TWEETS I ONLY WISH IF SHE CAN CONVINCE CB TO STAY AWAY FROM TWITTER THE MORE PEOPLE TRY TO FORGET ABT THIS HE IS ON TWITTER RANT HE KNOWS THAT PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE HIM ANGRY WHY CANT HE LEARN TO IGNORE THAT. I DONT THINK CHRISBROWN IS AN ABUSER IF HE WAS I DONT THINK THIS GIRL I MEAN KAE WOULD STICK AROUND HIM THIS LONG I JUST THINK CHIRSBROWN AND RIHANNA ARE A BAD MATCH THEY ARE TOXIC TO EACH OTHER IF YOU READ RIHANNA TWEETS YOU CAN TELL THAT SHE DOES HAVE ISSUES AS WELL I JUST HOPE THEY WILL BOTH GET HELP.  RIHANNA CONFESSED THAT SHE SMASHED A GLASS BOTTLE IN HER BROTHERS FACE AND TO ME THAT IS ANGER PROBLEM TOO AND SOME REPORTS SAY THAT THESE TWO RIHANNA AND CHRISBROWN WHEN THEY WERE DATING THEY USED TO FIGHT SO THIS WASNT THE FIRST TIME I DONT KNOW WHY THEY DIDNT GET HELP TOGETHER IF ITS THE DRUGS THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR FIGHTS THEY NEED TO GET HELP OTHERWISE CHRISBROWN IF HE IS NOT SMART ENOUGH HE WILL END UP IN JAIL